Classic BBQ Course (full day)
Join us for a BBQ Masterclass of grilling, roasting & smoking with one of our expert tutors who include UK BBQ Championship Grand Champion Al Harris aka 'Dr Sweetsmoke', and Marcus Bawdon, BBQ guru & editor of UK BBQ magazine.
This hands on course will run 10.00 to 5.00pm & include the following:-
- Welcome : Breakfast, tea & coffee
- Introduction to the three key cooking techniques: direct grilling, indirect roasting and smoking
- Overview of what Equipment you need : Different types of BBQ / Smoker, how they work & where to buy
- Fuel & Wood : What makes good charcoal & Different types of Wood & their flavours
- BBQ Setup, safety, basic knife skills & temperature control
- BBQ Practical skills & recipes - the main part of the day
- Full Q&A - bring all your questions as we will make sure we answer all your BBQ queries
Across the day you will cook a variety of recipes to develop your skills in the 3 different cooking techniques including:-
Direct Grill :
The Perfect steak - step by step recipe - you choose either a clean (on the grill) or a dirty grill (in the ash)
Butterflied leg of lamb (inc how to butcher)
BBQ Ribs - Pork & Short Beef Ribs
The Perfect Burger - Original & Stuffed!
Hot Smoked Sea Trout
This course will be run at Forty Hall Farm, Enfield, just of junction 25 of the M25.
Lunch will be provided as will refreshments throughout the day and you will receive a pack with all the recipes as well as notes on all the techniques you cover throughout the day.
Gift Vouchers with flexible dates can be purchased which are valid for 12 months from date of issue.
Average Guest rating 9.6 out of 10
'I had a great day & learned a lot. Dr Sweetsmoke clearly knows his stuff. I look forward to more courses' Christian
'Very enlightening, learnt a lot and the food we cooked was fantastic' Neil
'Very informative, hands-on learning experience' David