Asado BBQ Course (full day)
Before BBQ came Fire... Learn the art of cooking over the open fire in a highly interactive BBQ Masterclass, guided by Asado king & owner of Country Fire Kitchen, Tom Bray.
- This hands on course will run 10.00 to 5.00pm & include the following:-Welcome - Breakfast, tea & coffee
- Equipment - what you need, how to set up, where to source
- Fire - Fire safety, How to set & maintain a fire, temperature control
- Meat - Recognising quality meat, where to source
- Basic Knife skills & Butchery
- Asado Practical skills & recipes - the main part of the day including Asado Cross, Parilla (grill), Chapa (griddle) & cooking in the coals
- Full Q&A - bring all your questions as we will make sure we answer all your Asado & BBQ queries
Across the day you will work in small teams of 4 to develop your Asado skills, manning your own Cross, managing the fire & cooking a variety of recipes including:-
- Pork Belly, Beef Short rib & Lamb Breast
(one team on each of the large cuts)
- The Perfect steak - step by step recipe - you choose either a clean (on the grill) or a dirty grill (over hot embers)
- A la Vara Trout (cooked on wooden planks)
- Chimichurri sauce
- Fire Vegetables
- Seasonal Chapa salads
This course will be run at Forty Hall Farm, Enfield, just of junction 25 of the M25.
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day, and as well as enjoying all the meat you cook, we will also serve a traditional Gaucho Lunch with beer & wine.
At the end of the day you will receive a pack with all the recipes as well as notes on all the techniques you cover throughout the day
Average Guest rating 9.6 out of 10
'Excellent instructor & food to die for. Can't wait for the next course!' Marcus
'Amazing food! Great tuition! Really fun day!' Bruce
'Very informative, lovely venue, good location' Emma